Informally involved since 2015 Geoff’s advice has been invaluable to REKON Group. His appointment to the Advisory Board formalises his advisory role.
The Advisory Board exists to provide advice and direction to the REKON Group leadership team and comprises of eminent people with experience from a range of industries and backgrounds.
Geoff is the Managing Director of Standard Wool Investments Pty Ltd (previously Standard Wool Australia Pty Ltd). He has held the position since 1996 and during that time the company moved from being one of Australia’s largest integrated wool brokering, exporting and processing companies to a business with its activities mainly related to property, development and investments.
He has previously held senior positions in the fishing, food and resources industries and his early career was as a commissioned officer in the Australian Regular Army – this included service in Australia and overseas.
In addition to his directorship with Standard Wool Investments Pty Ltd, he also holds the following directorships:
– Chairman (and Shareholder) of Troppus IT & Management Services Pty Ltd
– Director of Australian Rugby Union Limited
– Director of Reabold Tennis Club (Inc)
His past directorships include:
– Chairman of RugbyWA – 23 years (retired March 2011)
– Director of the Australian Wool Exchange (peak industry body for wool in Australia – 9 years
– Director of Australian Council of Wool Exporters – 9 years
– Director of the Australian Sports Commission – 3 years
– Chairman of WA Rock Lobster & Prawning Association – 2 years
– Director of WA Fishing Industry Council – 3 years
He is a fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management.
Outside of work his main interests are sport related. He trains daily at a health club and plays golf and tennis all year round. However, his main sport is rugby union and he has played, administered and coached at national, provincial and club levels. He was a grinder on Kookaburra 1987 America’s Cup Defence and he is Patron of the RAE Association (WA) with his main involvement being the welfare needs of RAE ex-servicemen.
His honours and awards include Medal of the Order of Australia, Australian Sports Medal, Centenary Medal and in 2006 was the WA Citizen of the Year in the category of Sport.